As an employer you can prevent foot problems at work by
- Promoting foot health in your workplace
- Contracting a podiatrist to give a talk on foot care to employees
- Encouraging your staff members to report foot problems , no matter how minor
- Looking at the foot health record at your company – multiple foot complaints may suggest the workplace environment itself may need addressing
- Doing a foot risk assessment in the workplace – look for ways to minimize the burden on your employee’s feet ( a podiatrist may be able to assist you with assessing workplace foot risks)
- Emphasizing to the safety officer or occupational physician that foot complaints should be taken seriously .
- If your employees wear safety shoes , ask yourself do you stock adequate range of safety shoes to suit every staff member? If not outsourcing the supply and fit of safety shoes may be more cost effective.
- Allowing employees a cross over period when they exchange their old safety boots for a new pair .